Skip to main content Skip to contact details

How to make a formal complaint

If you are unhappy about something we have done, please talk to any of our staff to explain your concerns.

Many concerns can be dealt with informally in this way. You can:

  • speak to us in person

  • phone us

  • email us

  • write to us

  • send us a fax.

Please also use any of these ways to make a formal complaint.

What happens when you make a formal complaint

All complaints will be passed immediately to the Divisional Director who is responsible for the area the complaint relates to.

The Divisional Director will write to you within three working days. Their letter will include:

  • the name of the person investigating the complaint (called the investigating officer)

  • a commitment to complete the investigation within 28 days.

The investigating officer will meet you and will compile a detailed account of the circumstances and the outcome you are seeking. If you prefer, or if a meeting is impractical for any reason, they will phone you.

The investigating officer will carry out a full investigation and report to their Divisional Director.

The Divisional Director will then write to you with the outcome and any actions we will take. This is called the complaints outcome letter.

If you are not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can write to our Director of Operations and Quality at the Head Office address below. You’ll need to do so within 10 days of you receiving the complaints outcome letter.

The Director of Operations and Quality may then carry out a review in person, or ask a Divisional Director or person working at that level to do so. The person appointed will be outside the division the complaint refers to.

The reviewer will write to you within 21 days detailing the outcome of the review.

Other ways to complain

Most of Affinity Trust’s services are commissioned by local authorities, and regulated by the Care Quality Commission in England or the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.

You can contact any of these bodies at any time. Please contact us for the details of the local authority that commissioned the service you are unhappy with.

You can also contact the Local Government Ombudsman, which looks at complaints about social care services, councils and local authorities.

The Care Quality Commission will not get involved in individual complaints but will use the information provided to assess the quality of the service.

The Care Inspectorate encourages complaints to be made to Affinity Trust in the first instance and will not investigate complaints that are more than six months old.

Please note

We will usually only accept complaints made within 12 months of the date of the event that is the subject of the complaint, or within 12 months of you becoming aware of the complaint.

Any complaints that involve allegations or concerns of abuse will be fully investigated according to our Safeguarding Policy.

Contact us

Contact us

Head Office

Head Office
1 St Andrew's Court, Wellington Street, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3WT View Map
T: 01844 267800 F: 01844 267829 E:
Media enquiries to:
1 St. Andrew's Court, Wellington Street, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3WT
T: 07553 264 975 E:

Central England

Central - Divisional Office
Rowan Room, Acacia Room, BT Room, Poplar Room and Office Ground floor, National Training Centre 3 Gilmour Close Leicester LE4 1EZ View Map
T: 0116 236 3793 F: 0345 643 7094 E:
For enquiries about Sheffield-based services
T: 07387 058 872 (9am-3.45pm Monday-Thursday only) E:

East England

East - Divisional Office
U18, South Fens Business Centre, Fenton Way, Chatteris, Cambridgeshire PE16 6TT View Map
T: 01354 696009 F: 08456 437521 E:
Enquiries for Norfolk and Suffolk should be directed to the Divisional Office.

North England

North - Divisional Office
Unit 12, Curtis House Business Centre, Leeds, LS9 9LF View Map
T: 0113 468 4460 E:
Bradford District Office
Unit 9 Parkview Court, St Paul's Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3DZ View Map
T: 01274 533553 E:
West Midlands Office
Flat 7, Parry’s Court, Woodside Place, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 4AA View Map
T: 01543 578764

Positive Behaviour Support for children, young people and their families

Positive Behaviour Support
1 St. Andrew's Court Wellington Street, Thame, Oxfordshire, OX9 3WT View Map
T: 07341 478228 E:


Scotland - Divisional Office
62 Viewfield Road, Ayr KA8 8HH View Map
T: 01292 436030 E:
Oban Office
First Floor, Glenshellach House, 7e Glengallan Road, Oban, PA34 4HG View Map
T: 01631 571311 F: 01631 566708 / 0872 111 4616 E:
Aberdeen Office
87a Urquhart Road, Aberdeen, AB24 5ND View Map
T: 01224 039264 E:
Isle of Bute Office
18 East Princes Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute PA20 9DL View Map
T: 01700 500376 E:
Irvine office
Suites 2/1 and 2/2, Landek House, 44-46 Bank Street, Irvine KA12 0LP View Map
T: 01294 446600 E:

South & South West

South - Divisional Office
Suites 53-55, Aldershot Enterprise Centre, Mandora House, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 2PW View Map
T: 01252 311188 F: 01252 311170 E:
Somerset Office
Mendip Court, Bath Road, Wells, Somerset BA5 3DG View Map
T: 01749 605594 E:

South East, Bedford and Northamptonshire

South East - Divisional Office
Suite 2+3, Henwood Pavilion, Henwood, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8DH View Map
T: 01233 665324 E:

Specialist Support

Specialist Support
Head Office, 1 St Andrew's Court, Wellington Street, Thame View Map
T: 01844 267800 F: 01844 267049 E: